What is SME Digitalisation Initiative?
SME Digitalisation Initiative is a new grant initiative provided by the Ministry of Finance Malaysia to assist Small and Medium Enterprises (“SME”) to adopt digitalisation in their business operations. As announced in Malaysia’s 2020 Budget presentation, the Government will provide a 50% matching grant of up to RM5,000.00 per SME over a period of 5 years for the subscription of digital services that will enhance their productivity and competitiveness. Sign up now before the grant runs out and propel your business to the forefront of the online business now!
Get your matching grant up to RM5,000 with us.
Our Services Applicable for the Grant
Domain NameYour online presence starts with a domain name. Get a suitable domain name to start your online business and we will assist and guide you to build and expand your online footprint now.
Web HostingChoose from our wide range of our reliable, fast and powerful web hosting options. We provide Eco Hosting, Business Hosting, Wordpress Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Server Hosting and Cloud Hosting.
Web DesignWe have completed hundreds of website for over 20 years and we understand your online business needs. We deliver various types of web design ranging from Wordpress websites to E-commerce Online Shopping websites.
E-CommerceWe can expand and enhance your website to a full blown e-commerce online shopping providing the best online shopping experience to your target market. A website complete with various payment methods including the latest mobile wallets.
App. DevelopmentOur team can code any application you want for your website. Online applications from student enrolment, membership system, online delivery tracking, agent signup system and many mores.
SEO MarketingWe offer a number of online marketing solutions to build an online marketing strategy, not only for organic searches, but for an overall advantage of your online advertising such as Google Ads and Facebook Ads. We have a team of strong SEO specialists to guarantee top ranking for keyword searches.
Grant Application Workflow
- STEP 1: SME to contact and appoint TSP for digitalisation service
- STEP 2: SME to complete and submit application form along with required documents to Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN)
- STEP 3: BSN process application
- STEP 4: SME performs payment to the TSP and payment receipt to BSN
(Estimated 14 Working Days)
- STEP 5: BSN disburses remaining amount to TSP's account
(Estimated 5 Working Days)
- Grant amounting up to 50% or a maximum of RM 5,000 from total invoice amount.
- Great deals on digital solutions from a wide list of panels listed by MDEC.
- Wide range of digitalisation areas:
- Electronic Point of Sale System (e-POS)
- Human Resource Payroll System (HR) / Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Digital Marketing / Sales
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) / Accounting & Taxation
- Remote Working
- The SME is at least 60% owned by Malaysians.
- The SME is registered under the relevant laws of Malaysia and classified as SME.
- For SMEs which has been in operation for one (1) year, the SME is required to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM100,000.00 for the first year
- For SMEs that have operated for more than two (2) years: minimum annual sales turnover of RM 50,000 in two (2) consecutive years.
- Completed SME Digitalisation Initiative Application Form.
- Copy of Identity Card or Passport of Director (s) / Partner (s) / Proprietor(s), whichever is applicable.
- Copy of business registration licenses (CCM, Form A/B, Form 24 & 49 and M&A or any similar forms under the Companies Act 2016).
- Company’s bank statement for the last two (2) months.
- Company’s profile (if any).
- Invoice/billing and service agreement from authorized vendor listed by MDEC.
- Any other information and documents as and when required by the bank.
- The SME must contact and appoint one or more panel of Service Providers to perform any of the digitalisation services available (maximum of 3 panels).
- The SME must complete and submit the application form together with the required supporting documents to any of the Bank’s branches.
- Once the SME’s application is approved, the SME is responsible to pay the difference of the total invoice after deducting the subsidized amount granted from the Initiative and to provide proof of payment to any of the Bank’s branches.
- After proof of payment is provided, subject to the total invoice amount, the Bank will make a direct 50% payment of the total invoice amount or up to RM 5,000.00 to the Service Provider in one lump sum payment or in stages based on the Bank’s discretion.
Your application form and all supporting documents can be emailed to any BSN branch of your choice. Shinjiru Technology Sdn Bhd has no control over your grant approval and is subject to compliance by BSN and SME Bank.
|States||Group Email||Email Address|
|Johor||SME Digitalization Grant Johor||SMEDigitalizationGrantJohor@bsn.com.my|
|Kedah||SME Digitalization Grant Kedah||SMEDigitalizationGrantKedah@bsn.com.my|
|Kelantan||SME Digitalization Grant Kelantan||SMEDigitalizationGrantKelantan@bsn.com.my|
|Melaka||SME Digitalization Grant Melaka||SMEDigitalizationGrantMelaka@bsn.com.my|
|N. Sembilan||SME Digitalization Grant Negeri Sembilan||SMEDigitalizationGrantKedah@bsn.com.my|
|Kedah||SME Digitalization Grant Kedah||SMEDigitalizationGrantNegeriSembilan@bsn.com.my|
|Pahang||SME Digitalization Grant Pahang||SMEDigitalizationGrantPahang@bsn.com.my|
|Perak||SME Digitalization Grant Perak||SMEDigitalizationGrantPerak@bsn.com.my|
|Pulau Pinang||SME Digitalization Grant Pulau Pinang||SMEDigitalizationGrantPulauPinang@bsn.com.my|
|Sabah||SME Digitalization Grant Sabah||SMEDigitalizationGrantSabah@bsn.com.my|
|Sarawak||SME Digitalization Grant Sarawak||SMEDigitalizationGrantSarawak@bsn.com.my|
|Selangor||SME Digitalization Grant Selangor||SMEDigitalizationGrantSelangor@bsn.com.my|
|Terengganu||SME Digitalization Grant Terengganu||SMEDigitalizationGrantTerengganu@bsn.com.my|
|W.P. Kuala Lumpur||SME Digitalization Kuala Lumpur||SMEDigitalizationGrantKualaLumpur@bsn.com.my|
|Micro HQ||SME Digitalization Grant Ibu Pejabat||SMEDigitalizationGrantIbuPejabat@bsn.com.my|
You Ask, We Answer
If the company subscription is from 1 Jan 2020 until 31 December 2020, can they apply for the grant?
No. It’s for new solutions and after 17 Feb 2020 only (after the launch date).
Can a company apply for software enhancement/upgrade?
The application is only for new solutions and not for new version or upgrade. The intention is for companies to adopt new technology.
If a company applies for 2 solutions, do they need to submit 2 applications?
No. Only 1 application is acceptable and up to 5 solutions with max RM5000 grant.
If a company applies from multiple TSPs, do they have to apply through multiple application?
No. Only 1 application is needed and the solutions should not duplicate from one TSP to another.
If the contract is for 5 years, can we apply the grant based on the 5 years invoice?
No. The grant is only valid for a 1-year service only.
If a company signs up for 2 years and payment milestones are quarterly basis, will BSN / SME BANK accept the application?
Yes, if they meet the criteria. However, quarterly payment may be a little hassle and a 1 year pay-out is preferred.
If SMEs would like to pay the 50% to TSPs prior to approval from SMEBANK / BSN, is this possible?
It is possible however, TSPs will need to take the risk if the application is not approved.
For franchises, they are from separate companies. Are they eligible to apply separately?
Yes, because they are from different companies.
Contact Us About This Grant
Apply now today!