Co-location Equipment Check-In Policy
1. CHECKED-IN SERVERS ARE REQUIRED TO PASS THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO BE CLASSIFIED AS “READY-TO-GO”
Revision date: 26.04.2019
- Software must be pre-installed. Software installation is prohibited within the data centre. Should software installation be required within the data centre – the clients’ presence is required, and additional charges are applied as “Ad Hoc Tasks” – refer to Table 1.3. Shinjiru does not allow Software installation within the data centre as the client must be accompanied by a Shinjiru representative at all times within the data centre.
- The server is expected to be received with railings, ready to be installed into the rack. Should the server not have the railings in place, and Shinjiru is not equipped with any spare trays within the data centre, the client will bear the charges of purchasing a tray. The tray invoice will be prepared and expected to be settled on the spot. A tray consumes a chargeable 1U co-location space.
- Power cables are to be supplied by the client. Power cables can also be purchased from Shinjiru upon check-in.
- Shinjiru will provide a single CAT6 LAN cable with a RJ45 head to each client. All clients are required to provide their own networking cables. Request for cables will be chargeable. Please refer to Table 1.4.
- 1.1. Server check-in requests must be sent to the respective Shinjiru department, 2 business days in advance. Malaysia identification card or Passport is required for registration and must be shared with Shinjiru by the Client for verification purposes.
- 1.2. Shinjiru reserves the right to decline server check-in requests should the Client not provide adequate time (2 business days) to arrange and organise the check-in.
- 1.3. Server check-in will not bear additional charges as long as the server is checked in within normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm GMT+8). Public holidays are regarded as out of business hours should they fall on a weekday.
- 1.4. 2 hours will be allocated to the Client for server check-in within business hours. Shinjiru reserves the right to impose additional charges to the Client should the server check-in process exceed an additional hour over the allotted time. The allotted 2-hour time frame will commence once the server is within the data centre. Exceptions to this rule are applied for Clients that have full rack co-location services with Shinjiru, such Clients have full access for an unlimited time-span during business hours.
- 1.5. Ad-hoc services will be chargeable based on the time taken to complete a task.
- 1.6. Additional Charges Table:
Out of Office Hours Check-In Charges 1 hour(s) RM300 2 hour(s) RM450 3 hour(s) RM600 Additional hour(s) RM150/hour Table 1.1 Business Hours Check-In Charges 1 hour(s) NIL 2 hour(s) NIL 3 hour(s) RM150 Additional hour(s) RM150/hour Table 1.2 Ad Hoc Tasks Charges 1 hour(s) RM300 2 hour(s) RM450 3 hour(s) RM600 Additional hour(s) RM150/hour Table 1.3 CAT6 LAN Cable with RJ45 Head Charges 1m (includes labour) RM50 2m (includes labour RM100 3m (includes labour) RM150 Additional 1m (includes labour) RM50/m Table 1.4 Server Rail Kit Charges Rail Kit (if available) RM300 Table 1.5 PSU Cable Charges Server PSU Cable RM50 Table 1.6 Tray Charges Tray Purchase Directly from Data Centre Table 1.7
Co-location Equipment Check-Out Policy
2. Server check-outs are expected to follow the following terms:
- CAT6 LAN Cable with RJ45 Head. Charges apply if cabling remains within the Shinjiru data centre.
- Server Railing.
- Power Cable.
- 2.1. Server check-out procedure will only commence once the outstanding payment verification is completed by Shinjiru’s Billing department. All check-out requests must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2.2. Server check-out requests must be notified to the Shinjiru Billing department, 2 business days in advance. Malaysia identification card or Passport is required for verification and is to be provided to Shinjiru by the Client.
- 2.3. Shinjiru reserves the right to decline any server check-out should the Client not provide adequate time (2 business days) for Shinjiru to organise the check-out procedure.
- 2.4. Server check-out will not bear additional charges if the server is checked out within normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm GMT+8). Public holidays are regarded as out of business hours should they fall on a weekday.
- 2.5. Check-out requests during non-business hours will be imposed with additional charges. The payment must be cleared to Shinjiru prior check-out commencement. Please refer to Table 1.8.
- 2.6. 2 hours will be allocated to the Client for server check-out. Shinjiru reserves the right to impose additional charges to the Client should the server check-out exceed 2 hours. The allotted 2-hour time frame will commence once the Client is within the data centre. Exceptions to this rule are applied for Clients that have full rack co-location services with Shinjiru, such Clients have full access for an unlimited time-span during business hours. Refer to Table 1.8
Business Hours Check-Out Charges 1 hour(s) NIL 2 hour(s) NIL 3 hour(s) RM150 Additional hour(s) RM150/hour Table 1.8
- 2.7. Server check-out form must be signed and completed by both the Client and a Shinjiru representative for confirmation and verification.
Out of Office Hours Check-In Charges 1 hour(s) RM300 2 hour(s) RM450 3 hour(s) RM600 Additional hour(s) RM150/hour Table 1.9
- 2.8. Clients are granted 30 days to remove any server/device from Shinjiru’s co-location facilities after cancellation or service expiration. Shinjiru will impose a charge of RM100 per month for storage fees, should the server/device not be removed within the 30-day allotted time-frame. All servers/devices not collected after 180 days, Shinjiru deems them as disposable goods and reserves the rights to discard them.
3. DATA CENTRE VISITORS POLICY
- 3.1. Clients may visit the data centre upon obtaining approval from Shinjiru to inspect their server(s). Clients are required to submit a visit request 2 business days in advance.
- 3.2. Clients will be escorted by a Shinjiru team member whilst within the data centre.
- 3.3. All Clients are required to register their details upon their visit with a Malaysian Identification Card or Passport.
- 3.4. Shinjiru reserves the right to reject visit requests if 2 business days’ notice is not provided.
- 3.5. For general visits, Shinjiru will allocate 1 hour at its data centre. Please do let Shinjiru know if there are special requests prior to a Client visit. Such special requests must be communicated on the visit request that should be submitted 2 days in advance.
4. POWER CONSUMPTION POLICY
- 4.1. Clients are required to abide by their allocated power consumption as per their contract/service purchased. Each service package has a unique power consumption provision. The Client may check with email@example.com for details of the power consumption attached to the Clients service.
Allocated Power Consumption CX2/PLTPRO Data Centre 1U 0.1kW 2U 0.2kW 4U 0.2kW 6U 0.2kW 10U 0.4kW 21U 0.8kW 42U 1.6kW Table 2.0 Allocated Power Consumption AIMS Data Centre 1U 0.1kW 2U 0.2kW 4U 0.2kW 6U 0.2kW 10U 0.375kW 21U 0.75kW 42U 1.5kW Table 2.1
- 4.2. Shinjiru reserves the right to impose additional charges for over consumption of power. Refer to Table 2.2
Additional Power Consumption Charges Per 0.1kW RM200 Additional Power Socket RM300/month Table 2.2
- 4.3. Shinjiru reserves the right to test power consumption of co-location servers if required.
- 4.4. Shinjiru will provide evidence in regards to over consumption of power if additional charges are imposed.
5. CO-LOCATION MANAGEMENT POLICY
- 5.1. Co-location services are required to have a 30-day buffer period for cancellation. Client must notify Shinjiru for co-location service cancellation request 30 days in advance. Shinjiru reserves the right to invoice the Client for an additional 30 days of service for any cancellations that does not meet the 30-day buffer period requirement.
- 5.2. Clients are required to move their server to a new location within the data centre upon request by Shinjiru. Shinjiru has the best interest in providing the best facilities and solutions for its Client’s, thus, once an approval for the in-house relocation from the Client is granted, Shinjiru will provision the server updates (IP Address, DNS records and zones) within a reasonable time-frame and make all the necessary adjustments to minimize the effect of the shift on the server user.
- 5.3. For hardware, software, server related troubleshooting inside the data centre, the Client may submit a request and estimated time requirement request to Shinjiru. Shinjiru reserves the right to decline extended timeframe requests. Approved extended timeframes within the data centre, will incur the following additional charges.
Additional Time Required RM150/hour Table 2.3
- 5.4. Clients are allowed one port in the Shinjiru access switch per service. Shinjiru will impose additional charges for each port used in the access switch. Clients may be required to provide their own switch if necessary. Refer to table 2.3.
Additional Access Port RM300/month Table 2.4
- 5.5. Shinjiru has set high standards in providing an all rounded, secure and professional experience at the Shinjiru co-location facilities. Shinjiru is nevertheless, not liable for any incidents that may disrupt the servers on location. Shinjiru falls under no obligation to warrant nor provision the servers. Shinjiru will under no circumstance be liable for any damages pertaining to any unforeseen causes and/or damages to the servers hosted in its facility centre.
6. POLICY MODIFICATION
- 6.1. Shinjiru may modify the policies and procedures of this document by updating the revised version on shinjiru.com.my, and/or, by notifying the concerned users via email. By continuing to use this service, all updates on the existing policies and/or newly introduced terms are viewed as approved by the service users and bound in agreement.